People all over the world love red meat. As it is so delicious, everybody longs for a bite of red meat. It is a well-known source of animal protein. It is one of the most favorite diets of non-vegetarians. Among the red meats, Veal Breast is most delicious, soft, and tender. It is much more kind to our health. In this article, we will discuss the details of What is Veal Breast?
What is Veal Breast?
Veal Breast is a kind of red meat that comes from younger calves. The types of cattle determine the difference between beef and veal. The meat of beef comes from cattle that are grown up. But, veal meat comes from younger cattle, also known as calves. To be specific, the age of veal must be 5 months or younger.
People eat this meat all over the world. Many people take it as an alternative to beef. Experts think it to be less harmful to the human body. So, people across the globe make various recipes using veal meat.
What is Veal Breast made from?
We already know that the meat of veal comes from younger calves. You can make hundreds of recipes with it. We can take it with fried rice, bread, hotchpotch, and potato-based foods. Or we can cook it as a separate food item. Let’s learn how to prepare a delicious fried Veal Breast.
- Veal Meat: To make the best quality veal, we need to cut the freshest veal meat available. We have to keep it under room temperature. For that reason. it will loosen its fats and make it more delicious after cooking.
- Olive Oil: We will fry the meat on a pan. So, we have to put 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil on the pan.
- Onions and Garlic: First of all, we will fry some peeled garlic cloves and onions on the pan. It will turn brown soon.
- Kosher Salt: We have to add 1 tablespoon of kosher salt.
- Spices: Then we have to fry and brown the veal meat on the pan. We can add spices to make the meat spicy.
- Sauce: Adding sauce while frying the veal might be a good idea. It will make your meat taste better.
- Pan Juice: Finally brush the pan juice all over your veal meat and serve it.
Nowadays, people are preferring veal meat over beef meat. This is because of the nutrition facts. Every red meat produces a lot of fats. These fats harm the human body. But the amount of fat and harmful ingredients are much less in veal meat. Let’s take a look at the nutrition facts of this meat.
- Calories: Red meats are always good for calories and veal is no exception. It gives you 281 calories per 4 oz of meat.
- Fat: This meat gives you only 16 grams of fat per 4 oz of meat. More good news is that only 6.2 grams are Saturated fat.
- Cholesterol: The amount of cholesterol is pretty much less in this meat. There is 129 mg cholesterol in 4 oz of this meat.
- Sodium: This meat is not processed or salt-cured meat. So, the level of sodium is very pleasing. We can find 75 mg sodium in every 4 oz of this meat.
- Carbohydrates: You don’t have to worry about carbs while eating this meat. There are almost no carbohydrates found in this meat.
- Protein: This meat is an excellent source of protein. It offers no less protein than beef meat. We can find 32 grams of protein in 4 oz of this meat.
This meat offers you many more. There are Iron, Calcium, Magnesium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12 in veal. Zinc, Copper, Selenium, and fatty acids are also found. In this case, these vitamins and minerals do a lot of good to your body and mind.
This meat is well-renowned for its health benefits. It is very kind to our health. Let’s take a glimpse at what this meat does to our bodies.
We already know that this meat produces much less sodium. So, it gives you much less concern about your high blood pressure. If you are fond of a sodium-free diet, you can try veal meat without a doubt.
This meat is well known for its low fat and cholesterol rate. These nutrients cause cardiac arrest. So, taking it instead of other red meat can cut your heart problem. Again, if you try to keep your body fit, you must not gain a lot of fat. So, this meat helps you in this regard.
It is a wonderful source of animal protein. This meat can be your best companion for keeping your stomach full and giving you strength.
There is Vitamin B6 and B12 in this meat. These vitamins help your red blood cells. They make your bones strong. So, we can say, these vitamins also help with birth defects.
You can find some fatty acids in veal meat. Research shows that fatty acids can sharpen your memory. So, eating Veal Breast is good for your mind after all.
Veal Breast is red meat. Though it is red meat, it has much fewer fats and cholesterol. But it gives you a lot of protein. These facts make veal meat the most popular red meat all over the world. For that reason, We must choose Veal Breast over any other red meat for its nutrition facts and health benefits. Not only that, this meat is the softest and most delicious one. Now, as you know What is Veal Breast, do let us know which red meat you prefer most.
Hello, This is Lora J Fusco. I am have been working as a chef in a restaurant for years. This the place where I pass my time by writing blogs for you. Welcome here.